MPCP, through its member federations, is in a privileged and unique position of having the backing of all 88 independent local GP Practices across the Manchester local authority area, covering a total patient population of over 600,000.
The development of a Manchester-wide Primary Care Partnership provides a significant opportunity to support our GP colleagues and influence the shape, design and delivery of future health care provision, by playing to our major strength of local knowledge, expertise, years of experiences, established enduring relationships and a first-hand insight to the diverse and challenging needs of our city wide health community, which includes high levels of deprivation and health inequalities.
We are ideally placed to ensure that this local intelligence is utilised positively to address the gaps and enhance the future redesign, commissioning and delivery of healthcare services on the ground. We are working to increase patients accessibility to local primary care and community based services in an equitable way, that meets the communities healthcare needs, and in a way which positively engages patients in the management of their health and well-being.
- Play a central role in improving patient care.
- Innovate to ensure that future models of care are inclusive and clinically appropriate to meet all patients' needs.
- Ensure the continued delivery by local, experienced, dedicated GPs and Health Care professionals.
- Leverage our scale and depth of expertise within the Federation vehicle to successfully bid for and win NHS contracts.
- Provide visible leadership and take responsibility for the on-going development of primary care for the benefits of those who use the service and those that work within it.
- Deliver the best care we can.
- Work in an honest, transparent and inclusive manner.
- Be a listening organisation, that seeks the opinions and views of staff and patients.
- Invest in continuous education.
- Ensure a positive patient experience for those that use our services.
- To work with other partners, providers and commissioners in a mature, open and collaborative way.